The Turn of Events; Bringing Business Events Back
The Turn of Events was a collaboration with 26 partners across Australia and globally to deliver in a timeframe of just 8 weeks ‘The Turn of Events; Bringing Business Events Back’. Partners were invited to provide a full showcase of COVIDSafe venues, suppliers and key operations relevant to the business events sector.
The COVID-19 pandemic decimated the Business Events and Conference Industry globally with 96% of all business events scheduled for 2020 in Australia either cancelled or postponed resulting in the greatest economic downturn in history. After six months with no physical events it was essential to educate the industry and prospective clients about COVIDSafe measures and provide a technology solution for all Australian cities to be represented whilst interstate travel was unavailable.
- Developed a hub and spoke virtual and face-to-face event utilising 9 technology companies integrated on one virtual platform.
- Demonstrated innovative virtual event design and integration.
- Surveyed participants about business event confidence prior to and after the event.
- Provided a face to face experience and opportunity to collaborate in person as well as virtually where tighter restrictions were in place.
- Provided an opportunity to collaborate and work together throughout the industry
to bring business events back.
- Delivered a hub and spoke event in 6 major Australian cities and live streamed globally.
- Collaborated with 26 partners and supporters, plus over 20 guest speakers.
- Business event attendance from partners, supporters and competitors.
- Global Keynote Speaker, Patrizia Buongiorno outlined global insights and Dr Vanessa Findlay from Business Events Council Australia identified accessing the $50M Federal Government funding available.
- Nearly 500 registrations including 316 virtual attendees
- 90% of survey responses stated that hybrid events would be factored into future event management plans.
- With partner support the combined social media reach was 132,881 people.
- Media support and distribution via 18 Trade and Industry publications provided a significant Australian and global reach.
“I feel very comfortable after listening to the business event experts discuss COVIDSafe readiness in Australia and am excited by the options available for our international July 2021 event. I now realise there is a great deal to be gained by opening our event to greater audience participation and delivering new goals for our Association.”
Bronwyn Green, President QLD Branch Australian Association of Teachers of the Deaf.
Ask for an obligation-free demonstration or customised quote
Australia: Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney
New Zealand: Auckland